I'm still not sure if I'm going to complete this project, but, since I described it a couple days ago, I thought I'd show you some pictures. The idea is to create a covering for one of my kitchen windows made out of PVC foam and old bottles. Theoretically, light will shine in through the bottles during the day, sort of like stained glass.
I've never worked with PVC foam before, and I made a lot of mistakes. But it's interesting stuff. It sprays out like shaving cream and then solidifies to become quite hard, but you can trim it with a knife. I used way too much. For the first attempt, I used Milk of Magnesia bottles, since they vary very little by thickness. I arranged them in an interesting configuration and then sprayed over them. This is the bottom after everything hardened.
Okay, now here's the top, which is the side that will face out.
I'm doing my best to trim the foam away, so it doesn't block the light, but it's slow going. Like I said, I may not finish; I'm really short on time. But it is an interesting proof-of-concept. If I were to complete it, once I got it trimmed to the right thickness and dimensions, my next step would be to paint it. Apparently, direct sunlight causes it to break down. Then I would mount it into the window with more foam.
By the way, today is Jenny's birthday. Happy birthday, Jenny!