It's hard to believe I've been in Brazil for two months now and still don't have an exact wedding date. The bureaucracy here is truly astonishing. On December 5th, we will have completed our 45-day waiting period and can then set a date (assuming the marriage is approved). Since marriages can only be performed on Wednesdays and Fridays, we're shooting for Dec. 7th, but we don't know if we can get that day at the last minute. Therefore Dec. 12 and Dec. 14 are our backup dates. If anyone wishes to attend, just hop a plane to Belo Horizonte, Brazil and stay from at least as early as Dec. 7th to at least the 14th, and you can see the wedding.
Any readers of this blog are welcome to attend, but I would especially like to invite the following from my blogroll:
- Bakerina: She could bring Lloyd, and it would be a pleasure to take them around and expose them to the unique cuisine of Brazil. Also, Bakerina could bake us a fabulous wedding cake.
- Bill Stevenson: He will freak out when he sees that the iPod Shuffle goes for nearly $200 in Brazil.
- Jenny and Geoff: They're already in the southern hemisphere, so it would be a quick and easy trip for them.
- Michael Moore: (No, not the Michael Moore.) He could bring the whole family, and the trip would give him and his daughter something to blog about. Apparently nothing blogworthy has happened in their lives since July.
- 'mouse: He's a lawyer. My fiancée is a lawyer. They can talk about lawyering stuff.
- orionoir: I'd love to see the pictures he'd take around here. (But I shudder to think of the adventures he'd wind up having in Brazil!)
- Snow: She really really needs a vacation!
- Teka: She already speaks Portuguese. This would be a great opportunity for her to show James around Brazil.
- Will: He's never been abroad and needs to see the world. Plus we could put together at least a few truly awesome podcast episodes, perhaps even reviving The Dynamite Coalition.
Anyone on the above list is welcome and would have a place to stay if they came. (That is unless they all end up coming, in which case I am screwed.)